In Our Words (n.) –
1. Independent queer activist and literary salon founded in 2011 by Nico Lang and Patrick Gill, with barrels full of assistance from Chicago’s LGBT Change, the Civil Rights Agenda, Queer Intercollegiate Alliance, and, of course, from the queer writing scene. (Note: the opinions of our writers do not necessarily represent the opinions of our partners or the community as a whole, which is impossible.)
2. As of July 2012, a project of SocialScope Productions. Aligned with SocialScope in a mission to make accessible and multi-faceted documentations of the LGBTQA narratives; working together to empower, unify, and bring joy to the community.
3. An exciting project that seeks to bridge the queer non-profit, activist and cultural sectors, in ways that are inclusive and affirming.
4. A community resource that accepts open submissions from queers and allies of all backgrounds.
5. A narrative of our shared history, featuring the stories, creative works and voices of queer writers, young and old, calling for change within and outside of the LGBT community.
6. A hootenanny of massive proportions.
Social Scope Productions –
SocialScope Productions is a non-profit production company, established in April 2011, developing ethnographic and social documentaries within film, video and media that collect the stories of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) cultures in America. SocialScope produces the “50Faggots” documentary series, the “A Gay in the Life” series, along with being the fiscal sponsor to “In Our Words” blog and producing other projects related to gender issues and exploring the intersections of identity and diversity in our communities. We are organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)3 of the IRS.