By In Our Words Staff
Wednesday, July 31st
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter & Neville Longbottom’s birthdays
You know there’s nothing wrong with this post. Keep scrolling.
Thursday, August 1st
- Congrats on Your Success, 7pm, Unchartered Books, 2630 N Milwaukee, Free
FREE BEER FROM POWELL BREW HOUSE!!!
- Story Club, 7:30pm, Holiday Club, 4000 N Sheridan
This month we are sharing stories about “Waiting” and who better to share them with than our featured performers!
- FKA presents: ANIMAL DISASTER MOVIES! The Party, 9pm, Big Chicks, 5024 N Sheridan
“A group of friends…does this thing…only to find a group of vicious [animal/creature/insect] …that terrorizes them and the world they know.”
Friday, August 2nd
- LGBTQA Professionals “First Friday Summer Social,” 6pm, RED KIVA, 1108 W Randolph, $7 advanced/$12 at the door
– Includes complimentary appetizers until exhausted**
– Live Band
– Cocktails Specials
– Free Raffle Ticket
– Outdoor Patio (weather permitting)
– Great LGBTQA Professional Company in a safe environment filled with like minded men & women.
Sunday, August 4th
- Logan Parlor Grand Opening Party, 2pm-8pm, Logan Parlor, 3251 W Fullerton, Free
We are honored to invite all of you to celebrate the opening of Logan Parlor. We couldn’t have done it without all your support, love and loyalty. Please join us for a tour of the space and a celebratory cocktail.
Tuesday, August 6th
- Q Hub: First Tuesdays, 6pm, Restaurant Blanco Y Negro, 4043 W 26th
What is Q [Queer] Hub? Q Hub is a necessary safe-space for LGBTQ youth and young adults to express themselves and celebrate their identities through art, music, spoken word, dance and inter-generational dialogue. A youth-led meeting point in Little Village to share resources, hear/tell queer stories, and experience the multi facets of Queerism in a social setting.
- Subject to Change Presents: Picnic Party! A Benefit for Queer Top Chef 2013, 9pm, Township, 2200 N California, $5 suggested donation
Queer Top Chef is an annual competition and family reunion of sorts. The community is invited to gather in one revolving location to celebrate the culinary arts as well as one of our most basic human needs, in an all-inclusive, all-ages safe space.