By: In Our Words Staff
Thursday, July 11th
- Staches & Lashes: A Drag Show Fundraiser, 9pm, Rockit Burger Bar, 3700 N Clark, $1o suggested donation
Rockit Burger Bar is proud to present Staches & Lashes: A Drag Show Fundraiser benefitting the Center on Halsted and Chicago’s LGBTQ community. This event is FREE, with a suggested donation of $10. Come and enjoy great food and drinks while being entertained by a few of Chicago’s hottest queens! (hosted by Gia Gunn, with performances by Ivana T Ease, Saya Naomi, and Kahmora Hall)
Saturday, July 13th
2013 Ride for AIDS Chicago to benefit Chicago House programs and services. Ride for AIDS Chicago is a 200-mile, two-day bicycling event that leaves from Chicago and journeys into Wisconsin and back.
- March on Chicago for Marriage Equality, 1pm, Plaza at the corner of Michigan Ave & Congress Parkway
We need to show everyone that love is louder than hate. We need to show that the voices for equality outnumber the voices for fear and small-mindedness. We need to hit the streets! We can still get it done this year if we all join in. This is not over! Let’s show our representatives that we’re not giving up on marriage equality without a fight!
Sunday, July 14th
- Ties & Tassels Presents Burlesque @ The Elbo Room, 9pm, The Elbo Room, 2871 N Lincoln, $8
Back for another round of the queerest burlesque Chicago has to offer? Good. Ties & Tassels will make sure you leave even more hot & bothered than when you arrived. You don’t want to miss performances from: JuJu Minxxx, Queerella Fistalot, Tricksie Treat, Dusty Bahls, Lando Blaze, Narcissa, Rosemary Maybe, Vince V Vice, and Dahlia Fatale.
Monday, July 15th
- Salonathon: TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY, 8pm, Beauty Bar Chicago, 1444 W Chicago
Salonathon started two sweltering summers ago. Now it’s time to celebrate the past 104 weeks of emerging, underground and genre-defying art IN STYLE!
Tuesday, July 16th
- Solo in the 2nd City: Hot Child in the 2nd City, 7:30pm, Beauty Bar Chicago, 1444 W Chicago, FREE
We’ll be collecting donations, 100% benefiting Chicago Women’s Health Center, so bring a few bucks if you can!