By In Our Words Staff
Thursday, June 13th
- What Makes a Family?, 5:30pm, Chicago Children’s Museum, Navy Pier, Free
What Makes a Family? is brought to you by All Families Matter, a Chicago Children’s Museum initiative that furthers the museum’s commitment to all families by actively welcoming the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community. At CCM, we believe that all children and families benefit from play, and we support the right of al families to play and learn together. Remarks at 6pm by Chicago Children’s Museum President and CEO Jennifer Farrington. Please rsvp to Brett Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just For Laughs Festival – the Lincoln Lodge, 7pm, Stage 773, 1225 W Belmont, $15
The Lincoln Lodge has been cordially invited to be apart of the prestigious TBS JUST FOR LAUGHS FESTIVAL – CHICAGO! Come on out and help us celebrate our FINAL show of Season 13 together at the beautifully renovated Stage 773 for a night of laughs and mammaries!
- Twirl! w/The Miracles Club, Shaun J. Wright,Alinka, Mr. White + Sissy Spastik’s Birthday!, 10pm, Berlin Nightclub, 954 W Belmont
Friday, June 14th
- The PRIDE, 7:30pm, Victory Gardens, 2433 N. Lincoln Ave, $30 ($15 for students)
About Face Theatre is pleased to kick-off LGBTQ Pride Month with the Chicago premiere of the Olivier Award-winning drama THE PRIDE by Alexi Kaye Campbell, directed by Artistic Director Bonnie Metzgar, playing June 6 – July 13, 2013 at Victory Gardens Richard Christiansen Theater, 2433 N. Lincoln Ave. in Chicago.
- Queer Queens of Comedy, 8pm, Mayne Stage, 1328 W Morse,
This all lesbian comedy revue is coming back to Chicago! Now in it’s seventh year Q3 headed up by comedian/producer Poppy Champlin will feature the comedy of Chicago’s favorites Gwen LaRoka and Clevelands own Dana Austin, with guest star Caryn Bark. Don’t miss this show at Mayne Stage June 14th. http://www.maynestage.com 773-381-4551
Saturday, June 15th
- HEAVY ROTATION: SUMMER EDITION – A Benefit for the Chicago Dyke March, 10pm, Bottom Lounge, 1375 W Lake, $8
- Trans Night on Argyle St, 6:30pm, Various Locations on Argyle St
On TUESDAY JUNE 18th we will scheduling dinners at 3 locations Argyle St. in Uptown These dinners are part of the build up leading to the Chicago Dyke March rally /march/celebration that will take place on June 28th.
This event is being organized by a small, informal group of trans women with the goal to show support and solidarity with the Chicago Dyke March Collective. By holding these dinners we show support for small family owned enterprises. Most importantly we are trying to bridge the traditional barriers , of race, class, gender identities that are so prevalent in our community
Come with a big appetite a few dollars, your friends, family, loved and not-so-loved ones. PLEASE remember that all identities are welcomed.
- Solo In the 2nd City: Sexless Summer, 7:30pm, Beauty Bar Chicago, 1444 W Chicago, FREE
Starring: Jen Bosworth, Angela Benander, Whit Nelson, Linda Montgomery, & AJ Aronstein. We’ll be collecting donations, 100% benefiting Chicago Women’s Health Center, so bring a few bucks if you can!
Wednesday, June 19th
- Get Fierce: Community Meet & Greet with Project Fierce, 6:30pm, Access Living, 115 W Chicago, Free
Project Fierce Chicago collective members want to provide folks with an opportunity to learn more about our project, so we’ll be hosting a community meet and greet this month! We will present information on PFC’s values, goals and recent progress, and will provide time for folks to ask questions and share their input. We want to hear from you!
This invitation is extended to you and your guests, and adult allies are encourage to invite youth. We are seeking to have as many youth and folks with experience with homelessness attend the meeting as possible.