by: In Our Words Staff
Wednesday, March 27th
- Lady Gaga’s bus in Chicago, 12 – 6 PM, Navy Pier, 600 E Grand
The Born This Way Foundation (BTWF) announced that the Born Brave Bus was to head back on the road to embark on a four-city tour of Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., New York City and Chicago.
Visitors to the bus can enjoy food, live performances from Lady Gaga’s friends The Dirty Pearls, as well as DJ sets from Lady Starlight and DJ White Shadow in select cities, and fun activities including interactive digital kiosks, games and more.
- Under 35 Health Drop-In Night, 5 – 8 PM, Howard Brown Health Center, 4025 N Sheridan, Free
Are you under the age of 35 and uninsured? Stop by our Women’s Health Drop-In night for a FREE pap test, breast/chest exam, counseling intake session, and HIV/STI testing! Please bring an ID and proof of income (e.g. two check stubs) with you. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-388-8993. *Registration opens at 5PM; services run from 6-8PM.
- Subject to Change Presents: March Madness a Benefit for Chicago Rowing Union, 9 PM, the Burlington Bar, 3425 W Fullerton, $5 suggested donation
March Madness is here, and Subject to Change is dealing out all your favorite jock jamz. Find your old track suit, that old sweatband you should have thrown out ages ago, and gather all your friends. What more can we say? You don’t want to miss this!
Thursday, March 28th
Friday, March 29th
Saturday, March 30th
- GLAAD Hatter Brunch, 11 AM – 2 PM, Taverna 750, 750 W Cornelia Ave, $50
Wear your jauntiest, pointiest, most outrageous headwear and chow down (or daintily sip) on some not-so-mad brunch offerings. Prize awarded for Best Hat as well as a People’s Choice for favorite. Proceeds benefit the GLAAD Chicago Leadership Council.
- Northern Lights Presents: Déja K. Taylor Video Release and Performance, 10:30 PM, Parlour on Clark, 6341 N Clark, $3 donation at the door
Northern Lights presents an exclusive video release of Déja K. Taylor’s single, “SUPERBAD,” directed by Big Dipper (Daniel Stermer) and produced by Déja K. Taylor and Paula Gilovich.
Sunday, March 31st
- Trans 100 Launch Event, 7 – 9 PM, Mayne Stage, 1328 W Morse, suggested donation
The 2013 Trans 100 is an inaugural overview of the breadth and diversity of work being done in, by, and for the transgender community across the United States.
The first effort of its kind, the list intends to shift the coverage of trans issues by focusing on the positive work being accomplished, and providing visibility to those typically underrepresented.
Monday, April 1st
- Roscoe’s 26th Anniversary, 11 PM, 3356 N Halsted, no cover
Join Roscoe’s as they celebrate their 26th Anniversary with performances by RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 5 Stars Jinkx Monsoon, Alaska, Detox & Roxxxy Andrews! NO COVER!
Tuesday, April 2nd
Wednesday, April 3rd