by: In Our Words Staff
Get Up, Get Out is a weekly calendar of LGBTQueer/live lit/often socially minded/always fun events in The Windy City. If you of any we missed, please add them in the comments below or e-mail them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, March 13th
- Study Break with DePaul’s DJ Scotty, 9 PM, Scarlet Bar, 3320 N Halsted
Caffeine, booze and DePaul’s DJ Scotty featuring great throwback music and the right amount of new stuff! If you’ve been studying all evening and need a little snack; FREE food from the late night menu at Taverna 750 will be brought in.
- You’re A Star Karaoke with Honey West, 10 PM, Roscoe’s, 3356 N Halsted
Entertain Boystown in the front bar, and earn the adoration of Honey West.
Thursday, March 14th
- Dating for Queer Nerds Pi Day Celebration, 7 PM, Will’s Northwoods Inn, 3030 N Racine, $30
Find common denominators with other available folks at this fantastic event to spend your Pi Day the right way.
- Spectrum Speaker Series Presents: Erin Davies of Fagbug, 7:30 PM, DePaul University Student Center room 325, 2250 N Sheffield
The Fagbug is coming to DePaul! Stop by from 12 to 6pm for more information on the bug or come for a presentation about the Fagbug at 7:30pm in the Student Center Room 325. A Q&A will follow the presentation.
Friday, March 15th
- Sanctuary Nightclub presents DAVE AUDE AUDACIOUS TOUR with DJ Phil DaBeatz, 10 PM, Sanctuary Chicago, 632 N Dearborn
Open the night with resident DJ Phil DaBeatz. Doors open at 10 pm. Make sure to get there between then and 11 for a LIMITED Early Bird ticket for $10.
Saturday, March 16th
- Tie & Tassels Presents: Nutty As A Fruitcake, 8 PM, Lizards Liquid Lounge, 3058 W Irving Park
Come one, come all to the Queerest Burlesque and Variety Show in Chicago! This month’s installment is brought to you by Holly Deck, Stella Cheeks w/ Aly Oops, Lucy Wak, Tamale, Rosemary Maybe, Sophia Asphyxia, Bella Canto Queerella Fistalot and host, Shirley Knot.
Sunday, March 17th
- St. Patrick’s Day
We can’t even begin to list everything that’s happening for St. Patrick’s Day. Just try to have a safe & great time (no, that’s not an oxymoron).
Monday, March 18th
- Open Forum on Transgender Health, Healthcare, and the Trans Community, 6 PM, UIC Division of Community Health Sciences, 1603 W Taylor
This event was prompted by two major questions: What issues do trans people face in navigating their healthcare? How can the health of the trans community (broadly defined) be improved? Join in for a great discussion!